Tuesday 3 March 2009

Professional Project - development

This week I’ve been continuing the back ground research and I plan to have all the dates I will be including on my timeline by 09/03/09, so that I can then start on the designing of it and then on to the exhibition material.

I also got in contact with the Type Museum but I fund this very unhelpful I asked for any brochures/ leaflets/ info etc which they could send me, also I asked if they could let me know when it re opens as it’s only temporarily shut.

Reply:

Dear Alistair

Regretably we have no listing of what is held at the Type Museum. It has 3 major collections:-

Monotype matrix making machinery (still used) for production of small and large composition

of all the hot metal typefaces Monotype ever cut.

Hand made punches made over the last 200/300 years by Stephenson Blake together with matrices.

Wood letter cutting pantograph and all patterns made by De Little, the last producer of wood letter.

Regards

Duncan Avery

I then replied asking again for when they expect to open to the public?....I am still awaiting a reply.

No comments: