Thursday 11 December 2008

Visual Communication in Context 2 - Results

Today I received my results for Visual Communication in context 2, at first I was quite shocked with my grade as I only received 41. On one of the project I was expecting a low mark as I was disappointed with my final outcomes, but I thought that the other ones would have pulled this mark up. Although after reading the comments and going back over the work I submitted I felt that this mark probably reflected the work. I found the feedback very helpful as the comments explained how I could have improved each submission.

 

As I had expected the comments from my greeting cards were not that positive. I found this project particularly frustrating as I kept jumping between ideas to try please the feedback I received in the crits. In the end I should have just improved on my first idea rather than submitting cards I was not happy with. However my best feedback was from the last project (animal packaging), this was one of my favorite units and I put the most effort into this one and I think that my comments reflected that.

 

I want to massively improve my final grade, as I want to keep my options open for 3rd year. To do this I will tackle this website unit in the same way I approached the animal one. To do this I need to spend more time and put more effort into each area of the Learning objectives. I will also come into university a lot more out of tutor hours as I found that on the last unit

that was helpful. I have quite a short attention span and I’m less likely to get distracted on campus.


No comments: