Friday 9 January 2009

Critique - Presentation of Ideas

 

Over the Christmas holidays I refined the drawings/ layouts and I have drawn them up to scale on screen to give me a better visual idea of what they will look like how the site will function etc.

Also I have decided on what software I will use, id been favoring flash but a few things made up my mind… I’m using a non ‘website’ font which I don’t want to comprise and also as my website is quite simple I was thinking about incorporating some light animation.

Yesterday I copied my homepage designs into Flash, and then I was working on developing a few animation ideas I had; I wanted to get some on screen so that I would be able to get some helpful feedback in today’s crit.

Today we had our critique - Presentation of ideas. This crit was very helpful. Feedback:

-Linking to a blog could deter a browser/ potential client as it could show negatives!

-The gallery should be the first link as it’s the most important section on a portfolio page.

Change:

-Wording ‘Portfolio’ sounds better than ‘gallery’.

-Liked the idea of the animation I showed, it would bring more to the site.

-Home button looks a bit condensed.

-Enlarge buttons slightly.

I found this crit to be extremely helpful as it gave me reassurance with the main style as people felt that was good. It also brought up a few little sections on the site to change. I also found it helpful to project it onto a big screen thought he projector as the kerning/leading became more obvious. 

No comments: