Friday 23 January 2009

Hand in - Screen Based Communication 2 - Evaluation

I found this unit really exciting as I was learning how to create a website and I had never made one before. I designed a few pages for a furniture company in photoshop when I was on my work placement last year, and at the time I really wanted to see it function. I was also excited about create my own online portfolio as this could to help promote myself in the industry. I felt that I was a lot more motivated on this unit and I was putting in a lot more effort and I hope that my mark reflects that I have tried to push myself a lot more and I think that my website reflects this.

 

I am extremely happy with how my final website looked. I feel that I have worked really hard on this project and I think that my work reflects this (hopefully my mark will to), portrays me well as a graphic designer.

 

The main things I wanted my website to portray were: easy to navigate round – user friendly.

 

Also I did not want my final website design to overpower my work as the point of it is to show off my work. I think that I achieved this through using a neutral background colour, Type that complements the design. I was happy that I included animation in the website as I think it made the pages more interesting for the viewer, I did however not want to over use animation as this would only frustrate the browser, I think used a nice amount. 

 

Right now I cant see any improvements I would make to it, this it probably due to my time management as I made sure I was not rushing any stage of this unit. I left pleasant of time to make sure I am very happy and I am very proud of my website and think it’s to a high standard.

 

No comments: