Monday 16 February 2009

London Trip

Today was the rescheduled London Trip; my original plan was to use this trip to help with inspiration for me to decide on what I will do for my professional project. Due to the trip being rescheduled and I now have an idea of what it is I am doing. I therefore started planning how I will use the trip to benefit and progress my project.

After some research into what was on and where I went back onto the ‘Type Museum’s website where I found something I had previously overlooked: ITS CURRENTLY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC! I was so frustrated when I found this out as the museum would have been a huge help to my project. Therefore I used the trip as research into Exhibitions. My main goal was to go to as many places as possible and collect primary research on exhibition in the form of Photos of the exhibition (where possible) and how they publicize it, booklets, flyers, banners etc. I started off at the Tate Britain then the Design Museum, Tate Modern, LCC – basically to as many places as possible!

While looking around at the Tate Modern I spent some time looking at something, which I normally pass by – Sara Fanelli’s timeline of twentieth century art. – This was something I hadn’t planed on researching although it will be a massive help I want to achieve something similar to go into the exhibition I am designing the material for.

Another helpful thing that the Tate had was a really interesting exhibition – Rodchenko & Popova. It cost about £12 but I received a larger booklet with this – it showed me that I shouldn’t restrict myself to designing cheaper things, which would be given away.

I found this trip a lot more beneficial than I thought I would be (after finding out that the Type Museum was shut). I will later email the Museum to find out when it will open and also if they could send my any info. 

No comments: