Thursday 16 October 2008

16th October

At the start of the day I went off with a small group to discuss our ideas with Neil. I had researched into the Olympics and I wanted to design a card, which would be on sale around the 2012 period, I was still not sure about what theme of the card I should do, so I decided that it should be blank. I got some very good feedback, which I was pleased about; firstly that everyone could see this idea going ahead also when I showed the designer’s work I had been looking at and the style I was aiming to pull off. Everyone agreed that it could work very well in the modern illustrative way. I also got a lot of things to research to help push my idea along both Clare and Neil suggested a few people to research into which I found very helpful.

After the tutorial I just got on with researching into the designers etc that I was referred before going of to the library to find a book called Romantik. I want to approach this brief in the same way Clare would if it was for a client so I will not start the development until I have sufficient research.   

After lunch I went off for a critique with Sally about my posters, the critique was slightly different than normal as we were not going to present our posters, Sally had not been in while we were developing our posters so she was unaware of the messages our posters were trying to get across. Which meant that she could let us know if our posters worked and how well they get the message to a realistic audience. The feedback I got was very similar to the other critique (the rips were unnecessary; simplify it.) although she did say that it gets the message across well. I found today very helpful especially the critiques as I felt that I got a lot from them, also I found that today was one of my most productive days in University, and I feel that I right on schedule with the progression of this project and I am getting very excited to where this project is going.

No comments: