Friday 17 October 2008

17th October

When we went in today we had another guest to brief us on a live project for a bar in town. The brief sounds very stimulating and it is open enough to do as much as I can do the only thing is that this brief is very short and the client wants it turned around in two weeks, which would normally be fine its just I have this other greeting cards brief on at the same time, although doing this would reflect the schedule of a designer in the industry. I’m going to keep an open mind about attempting this brief as i think it would be an easy brief for me to get motivated about it although I just do not want the quality of my greeting cards to suffer. I’m going to see how much I get done over the weekend and how time consuming they are to develop and then make my decision; I would rather have a very high quality peace of work for my portfolio that I am proud of than two sets of work which are ok!

The rest of the day I was trying to develop my card to have a purpose rather than just a nice blank card, as this would strengthen my overall outcome. After a discussion with Clare she suggested looking into a card for a gift voucher for a sports shop (obviously still nearer the Olympics time) which I thought was a very strong concept as most cards you get with gift vouchers are normally very poorly done, if they come with one at all!  I also spoke to her about media and introducing some to my cards but we came to the conclusion that they probably will not need any. I am now thinking to just look at different printing variations and I might introduce a glossiness to a section of them. 

No comments: