Wednesday 29 October 2008

29th October

As I had the weekend free of work I felt that it was important that I should carry out a large amount of research and then try to develop a set of six cards which reflect team GB more and which do not rely on the use of their existing logo so much. I had a couple of ideas to run with one was to use the motto and create a type based outcome but I wanted to do a more visual design as my last poster was solely type based.  For this I used the colours of the rings to strongly signify the Olympic ‘s but without relying on the logo.

Since Monday I started to develop this idea and started trying to create a sense of movement with the colour. I also started to include type but I’m not happy with the style of it yet, but I think that the content is working well. I am happy with leaving the cards not as I don’t want to fall behind in the new project I am being briefed on tomorrow, I have got the visual side of the cards up to a standard I am happy to leave them at and the other content I want to include  to hand and I can go back after the next project as I will have a week after the final crit to go back over work.

No comments: