Monday 6 October 2008

6th October

Over the weekend, while I was trying to move my idea forward I found that the more I was developing it the more the tagline (you can’t get aids from a hug) became less clever and I thought that it was kind of patronising and I don’t want my post to be miss red. I decided that I would research into some other social issues and gave myself a deadline that if I couldn’t think of anything better than this by Sunday night I would stay with this and not look back as I need at least three full days to develop a strong poster.

I then looked into illiteracy and I found that one in five adults in the UK is illiterate, I thought that this was a very good starting point to base a poster around, I personally had overlooked the social problem of people being illiterate and after disguising this with my housemates we agreed that this was an overlooked social issue. Along with the fact that one in five people is illiterate I think this could make a very strong campaign.

On Sunday I decided to go round Chris’s house to discuss this new idea with him as he obviously new the brief and I felt that this could help me with deciding what to do. He also agreed that this could make a stronger outcome, which I was pleased to hear, as I was getting more existed about this project which meant that I would be more motivated and therefore I would create a much stronger outcome.

I decided to go in today so that I could discuss my new idea with Neil to make sure that I was on the right track. When I got in just started to further research into this new idea, as it was the one I wanted to go ahead with. However Neil was busy with the first years so I decided to go home about lunchtime, although I didn’t mind to much as we were told at the start of the year that we should be more independent and I was confident enough with my new idea to go head and stick with it. I found today very productive as I went into university early it meant that I was up and getting on with it.  I continued developing this idea when I got back home and I have now decided that I will probably do something typographical. So far I have come up with the main context ‘What’s the point in this poster if people can’t read it?’ which I think is a very strong tagline as I could do something quite symbol and grab the audience with one glance. I have also started to do some thumb nails and layouts, I am very happy with how this brief is moving along.

 

 

No comments: