Thursday 30 October 2008

30th October

Today I was briefed on the packaging project, which is for a Animal watch. We were split into groups and were told to go off and carry out all the general research and present it back to Neil and Clair at the end of the day to get the ball rolling in this project and then I can start developing my individual project from where I left off.  

We started off in the library as a group to discuss/research possibility of who to aim at, possible concepts and styles etc. Once we were all on the same page we split into two further groups and had different things to research.  After lunch we joined back up to present to each other our findings. Then finally researched in more depth together before creating presentation boards with the information on.  We then presented it in a professional manner to Neil and Clair.

I found today to be extremely helpful as it means that now I have a starting point with all the general research done and I now have a starting point to develop on my own. Also i thought that having the presentation in the way that we did in a professional manner helped be to get a better understanding of what happens with presenting ideas to a client. I’m exited about creating packaging, as it is something that I have never done before and I am looking forward to developing new skills, also I look forward to creating it in the style for a ‘extreme’ sports company such as Animal.

No comments: