Thursday 2 October 2008

2nd October

 Today we were briefed on our first project look again think again. I was excited to get back into creative thinking and the process of designing again. After we were briefed on the project were told to split into groups and generate some ideas-brain storm etc. I found this a good way to get started as we could bounce ideas off each other and get a wider range of ideas faster. I then went off to the library to decide on an idea to develop.  I decided to go with a social issue as I thought it would be more stimulating and I could create a better outcome. I decided to go with the idea of creating a poster for a issue which is in the media quite a lot (Aids/HIV) and advertise that often ‘hope’ is overlooked and try to create an uplifting poster.

At the end of the day we had a critique in small groups with Neil. I had a possible idea which was to look at making a collage of dark images of sufferers of aids/HIV maybe broaden it to poverty and then overlay lighter brighter images which spells out hope; the feedback I got was that the idea to advertise in a ‘happier’ approach to something which is often done in a depressing style was nice, although using the word ‘hope’ could mislead the audience as there is a large amount of ignorance surrounding Aids/HIV. Neil said that there had been some research which showed that a large number of people believed there was a cure, which meant that using ‘Hope’ could be very misleading.  I should now concentrate on research and not try and get ahead of myself and try to think of visualisations yet. I found this way of critiquing work in a small group was a very good way of doing it as it was more of a discussion and I found it easy to concentrate and as I have quite a short attention span I sometimes find myself getting distracted in larger groups.

No comments: